OK, so it's character costume cupcakes round 2! I was planning to make a couple of other characters this time, but unfortunately I ended up working late, running completely out of time and rushing to get these finished before everyone arrived; so I just made the little alien dudes. What I would say though, is if you're having a Toy Story themed party, these cupcakes are really quick and easy to make and go down a treat!
|Image courtesy of FUCKYEAHTOYSTORY|
Similar to Toy Story, I just made a vanilla cupcake with vanilla frosting as the base for these, putting the focus solely on the "costume" decoration.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 12-15 minutes
Decoration time: 30 minutes
Makes 12 cupcakes (6 Woody and 6 Buzz)
For the cupcakes:
100g caster sugar
1 medium egg
100g self raising flour
1tsp vanilla essence
For the butter cream:
100g icing sugar
a few drop of vanilla essence
For the decoration:
Some edible glue, or simple sugar syrup
Bronze shimmer dust
200g of fondant icing, coloured as per the photo below:
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 5 and line a bun tray with cupcake cases.
- Beat the margarine and sugar together in a large bowl until creamy, then beat in the egg. Add in the flour and vanilla essence, then place a heaped teaspoon of the mixture into each cupcake case. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown and firm to touch.
- Whilst the cupcakes are cooling, whip up your butter cream by placing the margarine, icing sugar and vanilla essence in a large bowl and beating until a smooth and creamy icing has formed. Place this to one side whilst you cut out your shapes.
- Similar to Toy Story, I thought it would be easier to show you the shapes and assembly, rather than describe it, so here's a photo:
- These ones were really quick and easy to put together, simple shapes to cut out and assemble, and to finish just a blob of bronze shimmer dust. (I didn't have time or patience to try to make the Saturn logo, and this seemed to do the trick!)
So there you have it, part two of the Toy Story trilogy - oooo0000000000000ooooooooooo.
Next up: Monsters, Inc.!