The cookie recipe is based loosely on this one here. (I used it to figure out quantities of butter and sugar). I was still in birthday mode when I made these, hence the sprinkles. But let's be honest, who doesn't love sprinkles?
125g caster sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla extract
100g self raising flour
1 tub smarties
15g chocolate chips
Sprinkles (if desired)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 18 minutes
Makes 12 cookies
- Preheat the oven to 180 and line a baking sheet with grease proof paper.
- Beat the margarine and sugar together until creamy, then add the egg yolk and vanilla extract and best until fluffy.
- Add the flour, smarties and chocolate chips (and sprinkles!!) to the bowl, and mix together until a soft dough forms.
- Roll the dough into 12 balls (around 30g each) and place these onto the prepared baking sheet. Make sure to leave plenty of space between the cookies, as they will spread!
- Bake the cookies for 18 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from the oven but leave to cool on the baking tray for another 5 minutes - the cookies will firm up as they cool. Once firm enough to move, transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Taste one, just to make sure they are OK. Then taste another, just in case that first one was a fluke. ;-)