This recipe started life a a 2 ingredient pancake recipe, but I just wasn't brave enough to try eating eggy mashed banana, so I tweaked it a little. Pretty sure the fitness fanatics aren't going to go ape for this one, but it's certainly good enough for me!
1 large banana, or two small ones
1 medium egg
20g self raising flour
A little oil, butter, or frylite for greasing
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Serves: 1 hungry person, or two not-so-hungry people (it makes 4 pancakes)
- Break your banana into a bowl and then mash it up with a fork - try to get rid of all the big lumps.
- Add the egg to the mashed banana and whisk with the fork until combined.
- Tip in your flour and fold in until just mixed.
- Heat a little oil/butter/frylite in a pan. When hot, spoon 2tbsp of the pancake batter into the pan and spread into a circle shape with the back on your spoon. Let the pancake cook side for 30-45 seconds, until the edges are cooked and bubble start to form in the centre, then flip the pancake over and cook the other side for 30-45 seconds.
- Repeat until you've used all the batter, then enjoy your yummy, fairly healthy banana breakfast pancakes!