With Ice Cream Sunday this month falling on Easter Sunday, I felt that I should draw my inspiration for this month's ice cream flavour from the true meaning on the season: chocolate eggs! :-P
This ice cream tastes far too good, especially when you consider how easy it is to make. No machine, no raw egg; just 4 ingredients to make the creamiest ice cream I've made yet!
4 cadbury creme eggs
150g dark chocolate
150ml sweetened condensed milk
500ml double cream
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 4-5 hours
Serves: 6 - 8
- Pop your Creme Eggs in the freezer. It will make them easier to handle later on!
- Break the chocolate into chunks and pop this into a large microwavable bowl with the condensed milk. Microwave for 30 seconds - 1 minute, then stir until the chocolate has melted and the ingredients come together to form a fudgey sauce. Pop this to one side.
- Take your creme eggs from the freezer, unwrap them, and chop them into chunks. Put this to one side.
- Whip you cream to stiff peaks. Mix half of the cream into the chocolate fudge until well combined, then stir in 3/4 of the creme egg pieces.
- Fold the remaining creme into the chocolate mixture very gently so as not to loose too much of the air - until the mixture combines to form a rich chocolaty mousse. Pour this into a freezer tub, level with the back of a spoon, then sprinkle the remaining creme egg pieces over the top. Place the lid on this and then freeze for 4-5 hours before serving.
- Marvel at the deliciousness of you creation, and debate with yourself on whether or not you should share.