Time Taken: 30 mins
Makes: 15 flapjacks
Storage: Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for 2-3 days. Alternatively, they can be frozen for up to 2 months!
60g soft light brown sugar
2tbsp golden syrup
50g crunchy peanut butter
2 over-ripe bananas
250g porridge oats
100g milk chocolate
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6 and grease and line a baking tray.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a low heat. Stir in the sugar and golden syrup until they have completely dissolved, then remove from the heat. Add the peanut butter to the pan and stir until it has completely melted.
- Break the bananas into a large bowl and mash with a fork, ensuring there are no large lumps remaining. Stir in the melted peanut butter mixture, then add the porridge oats and stir until evenly coated.
- Tip the mixture into the baking tine, and spread evenly. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until completely golden all oven. Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Melt the chocolate, either in the microwave, or in a pan over boiling water, then drizzle over the cooked flapjacks. Leave to cool completely, then cut into 20 pieces and serve. :-)