Sunday 27 January 2013

Moving house and other not-fun things

I don't often post non-recipe things on this blog, other than "no update this week because I'm in hospital again" - I thank every single star in the sky that that's not the purpose of this one!!

I just wanted to write a quick post as this evening I had the joy of using an electric oven for the first time! Eeeep! Where are the gas marks? How am I supposed to now which temperature to use!? It was alright, in the end...

So what's with the electric oven? Well, I moved into a new flat this weekend. My fiance and I broke up mid-December, so I'm single for the first time in 6 years, and it's weird. But my new flat is great, the kitchen is bigger, and my flatmate works overseas a lot so Peanut the cat and I get the flat to ourselves most of the time. I've only been here since Friday, and I already feel quite at home. (Baking a pie and a raspberry jam tart this evening definitely helped that feeling!) So, I do have a few recipes drafted and ready to publish, but pretty soon you'll start noticing that the work surface and background in the photos of the bakes will change. You'll also notice that I'll start including the oven temperature as well as the gas mark on my recipes, because that's what I'll be using now!

On a much more positive note, I'm very pleased to announce that next Sunday is my house-warming/return of the Disney Movie nights, so very soon there will be a new Disney blog post :-) Until then, friends,

Happy Thoughts
x

No comments:

Post a Comment