Based on this recipe I found on Pinterest. I love Pinterest far too much. It has ALL the things.
135ml sunflower oil
1 tsp vanilla exract
75ml lemon juice
250g self-raising flour
200g caster sugar
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
- Preheat the oven to 160 and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Pop all of the ingredients except the raspberries into a large mixing bowl and whisk until they come together to form a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin and pop into the oven, make sure to set a timer for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, quickly open the oven door and sprinkle the raspberries of the top of the loaf. This should mean that they don't sink too far into the cake, but instead rest nicely on the top where they will go soft and leave lots of yummy juices.
- Bake for a further 45 minutes, until golden brown on top (between the raspberries) and a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin. Once cooled, cut into slices and serve with a cup of tea! (You could also serve with a dollop of clotted cream, if you're after a really indulgent spring-time treat!)