Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Chill time: 1 hour
Makes 20 pieces
400g milk chocolate
3tbsp golden syrup
200g malted milk biscuits
- Start by lining a square brownie tin (20x20cm) with clingfilm or greaseproof paper.
- Break the chocolate into chunks, then pop 200g into a large microwavable bowl. Add the butter and golden syrup, and microwave on a medium heat in 20 second blasts, stirring between each blast, until the ingredients have melted together to form warm, gooey, chocolately loveliness. Pop this to one side to cool slightly.
- Put your biscuits into a food processor and wizz until they are mostly crumbs (a few small biscuity lumps is fine!!)
- Add the biscuit crumbs and the maltesers to the melted chocolate mixture, and stir until everything is coated.
- Tip the mixture into the prepared tin and flatten down with the back of a spoon. Pop this in the fridge to chill for 5 minutes, and then move on to the topping.
- Melt the remaining chocolate, and then carefully pour over the tiffin. Use the back of a clean spoon to spread this evenly over the tiffin, then return the tin to the fridge to set for at least 1 hour.
- Once set, turn the tiffin out of the pan onto a chopping board and cut into 20 squares.
- Taste one, and come up with a sneaky plan to hide them from everyone else :-)