I actually realised yesterday that I needed a recipe to post today, and was planning to make an apple and elderflower sorbet this lunchtime to post. Unfortunately, muggins here forgot to put her ice-cream machine in the freezer last night - so no sorbet today! Instead, I threw together these tasty little Banoffee Popsicles using a few bits and pieces I had in - super simple, and very yummy!
You'll need a mould for this one - the deeper the better - and some lollipop sticks.
50g white chocolate
100g caramel flavoured chocolate buttons
1 sachet of banana flavoured instant whip
200ml milk (or however much is required by the instant whip you are making!)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Freeze time: Minimum 2 hours
Make 6 pops
- Start by giving your mould a good polish to remove any grease. Pour a few chocolate sprinkles into the bottom of each hole.
- Melt the white chocolate, and carefully spoon half a teaspoon into each mould. Tap the mould on your work surface a few times to make the chocolate spread. Pop this into the freezer to set.
- Melt the caramel flavoured buttons in a wide bowl. Take you mould from the freezer, and fill each hole 1/2 full of the caramel flavoured melts. Turn your mould upside down over the bowl and tap lightly - this should give each mould a nice thin coating of caramel flavoured chocolate. Pop the mould back in the freezer to set one more.
- Make up the instant whip as per the instructions on the packet (usually add milk, whisk until thick)
- Fill each hole in the mould with instant whip, then pop a lollipop stick into the centre of each. Pop back in the freezer to set for at least 2 hours.
- Just remove the popsicles from the mould as and when you are ready to serve. Simple!