I used the recipe on the punnet of cranberry, with the addition of a couple of tangerines to make it even more Christmassy!
100 ml water
100g sugar with added pectin
350g fresh cranberries
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Makes 2 medium (200gish) jars
- Grate the zest of the tangerines into a saucepan, and then squeeze in the juice. Add the water and the sugar and turn on the heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the cranberries to the pan and allow the jam to simmer for around 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent the jam from catching on the bottom.
- Meanwhile, sterilise the jars and lids by washing them in warm soapy water, rinsing in hot water and then baking on a low heat until completely dry.
- After 30 minutes, the jam should have reduced to a nice, thick mixture. It will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Carefully remove the jars from the oven, and spoon the cranberry jam into them - it's really important to be careful here as both the jar and the jam will be very, very hot! Place the lids on the jars and leave to cool to room temperature before placing in the fridge.
- Keep refrigerated and consume within 6 weeks.